New York Times @ Albion College
Keep up with times. Access the New York Times anytime, anywhere for FREE with NYT Academic Pass; browse the physical newspaper while enjoying a caffé mocha on the bridge between Stockwell and Mudd; scroll through historical NYTs microfilm like a character in a cold case detective show; or access full-text dating back to 1851 with one of our online databases. We've got you covered! Learn about all the ways to access "all the news that's fit to print" by clicking on the tabs in this handy guide to the New York Times at Albion College Library.
The New York Times Academic Pass: gives all Albion College facutly, staff, and students access to the New York Times Online. Great for catching up with current events. Impress your peers by casually referencing the New York Times in a conversation.
The New York Times print subscription: Albion College Library subscribes to 7-day delivery (Monday–Sunday). Holdings: most recent 2 months to present.
The New York Times on microfilm: 1851 - 2005 (late edition)
The New York Times Full-Text via LibrarySearch: 1857 - present
FREE access to The New York Times is made available to Albion College students, faculty and staff, thanks to a collaboration between Student Senate, the Gerald R. Ford Institute for Leadership in Public Policy and Service, and Albion College Library.
How To Activate a Pass (New Users)
You must be on the Albion College network via wifi or ethernet to activate your NYTimes.com academic pass. Go to http://albion.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://ezmyaccount.nytimes.com/grouppass. We have an Academic Site License with the New York Times! This means Albion College students, faculty, and staff can access nytimes.com and the New York Times' smartphone apps for FREE.
- Create an account using your Albion College email address
- If you already have an NYTimes.com account using that email address, you can still log in with those credentials
- When you see "START YOUR ACCESS," the expiration time and date of your pass will appear
- You're done! Go to NYTimes.com and enjoy full access anywhere, anytime
Smartphone and Tablet Apps
Your Group Pass also includes smartphone and tablet app access to the New York Times. Go to http://www.nytimes.com/services/mobile/index.html on your mobile device to download a NYT app and use your NYTimes.com credentials for unlimited NYT app access.
Why can't I log in?
You must activate and create your account while on the Albion College network by using the http://albion.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://ezmyaccount.nytimes.com/grouppass link. You must renew your account annually by logging in from on campus, you can then use the account from on and off campus.
Does the Albion College NYT Academic Pass have any restrictions?
You must have a valid albion.edu email address to register. Access does not include e-reader editions, Premium Crosswords, or The New York Times Crosswords apps. NYTimes apps are not supported on all devices. Access to archived articles within the date range 1923-1980 is limited.
Can I access the Times off-campus?
Yes! Once you've created your Group Pass account using your @albion.edu email address from the Albion College network, you may access the Times from on or off campus.
Can I access the Times from my mobile device?
There are mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows devices, which are included as part of the Group Pass. You can access the nytimes.com mobile site (http://www.nytimes.com/services/mobile/index.html) using your smartphone or tablet running any of the operating systems listed above.
Why am I asked to log in on some occasions and not others?
Your browser cache or history may have cleared itself. Go to NYTimes.com and log back in.
1. Visit nytimes.com/forgot to reset the NYTimes.com password
2. Go to http://albion.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://ezmyaccount.nytimes.com/grouppass and select “Log in here.”
3. You have successfully claimed a Pass at the Start Your Access screen.
4. Use steps 2 & 3 to renew the pass upon reaching the expiration date.
- The latest issue of the New York Times can be found on the current newspapers shelf in Cutler Commons across from Read Between the Grinds Café.
- Issues from the last two months are located on the newspaper shelves in Mudd on the main floor near the Information Desk.
The New York Times on microfilm (1851 - 2005 late edition) is located on the main floor of Mudd in the Microfilm shelving units.